A lot of WordPress community developers are quick to create useful high-standard plugins for different purposes, but for a number of reasons some of these tools don’t get the attention they deserve. Probably, they don’t have enough promotion or just don’t get it in time.
To change this situation for the better, in this collection I put together 10 fresh plugins from the official repository that are totally free, but contain either unique or premium features that can come in handy for any business or personal project.
In a nutshell, some of the best latest plugins are devoted to: Google Analytics possibilities for WordPress, using featured audio files for posts, free tools for online restaurants and cafes, resources for theme creators, media files converter for WordPress, extensions for Zerif theme and some other options to perfect your posts and post types.
Let’s eliminate verbiage right away and get down to details!
Google Analytics WD
A very useful plugin for WordPress users, who constantly deal with Google Analytics. It lets you review and manage all data and statistics from your WordPress Dashboard after adding a Google Analytics tracking code to your website. You are also free to manage multiple projects within one admin panel. This plugin is a certified member of Google Analytics Technology Partners Program. It gives you a full variety of options to control all tracking settings and reports easily:
- All important reports are accessible from your WP Dashboard: website Audience, Real Time statistics, Visitors Demographics, Interests and more reports
- Several alternatives of the report view modes: line, pie or column charts
- Opportunity to export your reports to CSV and PDF files
- Ability to easily compare data in reports from two different date ranges or by metrics
- Frontend reports to optionally give permission to authors and editors to access quick reports with key information from the frontend of your website
- Option to enable Anonymize IP address to mask IPs of users
- Ability to enable cross-domain tracking
- Accessibility from any device.
The list of options is much richer, you can preview all of them directly on the plugin page.
This plugin will help you add a featured audio to posts the same way you add other media files such as images. What’s interesting, it was created by a WordPress contributor and musician Nick Halsey. His main mission is “to improve the experience of publishing audio with WordPress”, so you are definitely getting a product made with passion. Developing this product, Nick also wanted to encourage publishers to host their files with WordPress instead of using third-party products for this purpose.
The plugin will come in handy for musicians, podcasters and everyone who think that a post should be supplied with some music/need to feature music files frequently. A featured audio instead of the embedded into the post one can change the user experience in perception audio content and the entire content of your post as well.
Let’s list the main possibilities of the plugin:
- When the plugin is activated, each blog post comes with a featured metabox, where you can upload any file or select if from the Media Library
- The style of the featured audio mainly depends on the theme
- Optional sidebar widget that will automatically display all audio files from your featured posts:
- A variety of public API functions that allow custom implementations and integrations.
MotoPress Restaurant Menu
It’s hard to believe that this plugin is totally free. There are mostly no alternatives in the niche that provide tools to construct and manage unlimited menus and at the same time sell offerings of the cafe or restaurant online (eCommerce possibilities are oftentimes sold as paid extensions or even as different additional plugins). Check the list of the main features below to see how many options you get to promote your online restaurant or cafe business:
- Unlimited menu items and categories
- Grid&list layouts and category&menu items viewing
- Simple list viewing (without images and extra information). Example:
- Numerous icons for menu categories and an ability to upload your custom ones
- Each menu item can appear with all necessary info: title, description, price, nutrition info, Attributes (size, bulk, weight), tags and Ingredients list
- Featured images and image galleries for menu items/categories
- Full eCommerce support: PayPal, COD, test payments; available payments by guest users; order statuses; email templates to provide the website administrator and users with; Shopping cart and quick checkout
- You may view an up-to-date demo here.
WP Theme Changelog
It’s a unique plugin that is able to generate changelog details for themes hosted on wordpress.org. At the moment you are able to create it for plugins through WordPress org directly, and this plugin will help do the same for the themes (currently this feature is not supported by wordpress.org). In order for this plugin to work for you, a theme valid readme.txt including a changelog section is a must-have.
Taking into account that a changelog for themes is going to be a requirement in the future, it’s better start keeping it now. And with this plugin you’ll be able to do it much easier. Moreover, it’ll be very useful for creating child themes and eliminating support questions from users, who will be able to find some of the needed answers on what’s included into updates directly in the changelog.More Info / Download
Transcoder is a great plugin to help you easily convert audio and video files into other formats. It can save you lots of time as you won’t need to look for quality assets (which very often require registration) to convert the files. It’s functioning on a self-hosted server, so you need to just install it, subscribe and start using. It’s important, the plugin won’t work if you don’t subscribe to a free plan. Let’s list the main peculiarities:
- Compatibility with any WordPress website
- Full compatibility with reMedia plugin (developed by the authors of Transcoder) for better social experience across various devices
- Thumbnail generator for videos
- A variety of output media files supported: audio – mp3, m4a, wav, ogg, wma, video – 3g2, 3gp, avi, flv, m4v, mp4, mpg, ogv, webm, wmv
- Two types of output files supported: mp3, mp4
The most popular free plugin in the collection of Marco Canestrari WordPress contributor. Templify is really a great helper in adding and customizing any WordPress page/post. It will help you add various page templates to Posts and Custom Posts types without complex settings. It works as easy as picking a needed page template from a drop-down selector:
Be sure to check the list of custom post templates in order to properly work with the page templates: there you’ll find a detailed instructions of how to create custom page templates for specific pages, how to use a conditional tag in page templates and much more.More Info / Download
Zerif theme+MotoPress Page Builder Integration
This fresh plugin was developed for a specific audience – for users of one the most popular business WordPress themes – Zerif. Taking into account that a free template alone indicates more than 10,000 theme users on wordpress.org directory, this audience deserves attention.
What does this plugin actually do? It integrates Zerif theme with the MotoPress frontend Page Builder which we reviewed recently. The builder significantly enhances customization possibilities of the theme allowing to edit it fully visually on the frontend and add any type of content modules. And the plugin in question automatically adjusts these modules to the custom Zerif theme styles (the users have options to modify these styles manually). This plugin supports both Lite and PRO Zerif theme versions. More options below:
- Features available: page builder lets you add up to 50 content modules to any page, post or post type, including WooCommerce supported items: text, images, buttons, social buttons, audio, video, galleries, sliders, charts, maps, etc.
- Styles available: Zerif MotoPress integration plugin gives you a choice of custom Zerif colors and sizes to apply to the added content modules.
In order for all this to work you should have 3 things installed and activated: any version of Zerif theme, any version of the page builder and Zerif theme+MotoPress Page Builder Integration plugin.More Info / Download
Advanced Product Labels for WooCommerce
This fresh plugin was built to enhance setting up your online shop via eCommerce. More exactly, it will help you create professional product labels effortlessly for every specific product. This is a great natural way to promote all needed products in the easiest way. Check out the main advantages of the plugin below:
- Option to put labels by: product name, product category, sale status, stock status, bestsellers position, price, total sales count
- Types of labels available: custom text and discount percentage
- Ability to set label position
- Label colors customization: changeable background and text colors
- Multiple labels for a single product.
A paid version of a plugin is also available: it comes with more features and opportunities for labels customization.More Info / Download
This plugin can come in handy if you want to install/replace a tool for a live website visitor tracking on your WordPress website. Unlike most live tracking feeds/charts, it creates more cathy and clean widget to show a number of your online users on a world map.
Using this plugin, you are able to see a number of logged in/unregistered users and their IP addresses. All widget configurations are available from the plugin admin panel. You are also free to upload your custom pins for the map.More Info / Download
Easy Testimonial Rotator
It’s oftentimes claimed that Testimonials is one of the most visited pages/section of the website. Why not make it really attractive? Easy Testimonial Rotator is a great fresh tool to fulfil this function: it helps create maximum custom website section with testimonials and keep the site visitors longer on the site as they’ll be engaged in rotating the feedbacks (slider effect). A couple of main options:
- Both auto-publishing and moderating modes available
- Options to put Testimonials anywhere on the site
- Multiple styling options to customize testimonials
- Customizable Testimonial form label
- Admin notifications upon new testimonial arrivals
- View live demo here.
We hope this small contribution will ease your WordPress work a little bit! Please share your thoughts regarding these plugins or the one you cant live without.